Last year, the WCA Foundation provided $627,556 in financial support to UPMC Chautauqua. It is our mission as a non-profit organization to support healthcare at UPMC Chautauqua. These funds are used to purchase vital equipment, staff scholarships, innovative programs that help care for patients and save lives. The funds raised in our community make an immediate impact because they stay right here to benefit you!
Many families wish to express their gratitude for exceptional care or thank a special doctor or department. Often families ask us how they may help? How can you contribute in a way that is meaningful?
The WCA Foundation established the Friends and Family Program as an opportunity for you to organize grassroots fundraising to benefit UPMC Chautauqua and to ensure the citizens of Chautauqua County have exceptional and innovative medical care that is delivered right here at home.
Businesses and families have raised funds through a variety of fun and rewarding activities. Here are a just few great ideas that may get you thinking of creating a fun, family event that will make a difference for UPMC Chautauqua’s patients and their families.
- Organize a neighborhood block party
- Gift basket raffles
- Designer purse parties
- Organize a community bottle drive
- Host a home party and feature one of our medical experts leading the discussion
- Host your own birthday party with gifts designated to the WCA Foundation
- Organize a poker run, pub crawl, spaghetti supper, garage sale, or an old-fashioned lemonade stand.
- Create a football challenge at your workplace.
- Challenge your golf foursome to organize a WCA Foundation Team
- Host a family sporting event from cycling, hiking, skiing, sailing, bowling, pickle ball
- Challenge your co-workers to raise funds for Pediatrics, Cardiology, the Hillman Cancer Center, Scholarships, Radiology, just to name a few
The possibilities are endless! The rewards are tremendous! Your generous time and support will improve the quality of life for others. Contact Kristin Melville, WCA Foundation’s Executive Director today and tell her you are excited to get started! The WCA Foundation will provide you with our official logo for your events, and a staff person from our offices may be able to join your event.